Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Calendar Confusion

Last night I had the terrible sensation that I was forgetting something. As is standard when I have this feeling, I checked my calendar.

Oops.

I put this particular bridal shop on my short list solely because they sponsored a bridal-gown fashion shop at a bridal event I attended, and fully half their models were plus-size. This is a rarity in Bridal World, where every woman is a size eight. I thought perhaps this store might have some dresses that might actually fit me.

I set up an appointment for late May and promptly forgot about it. I realized approximately two hours after my appointment that I'd been a nitwit. So I called, and apologized profusely. They were kind and understanding, and rescheduled me for a Sunday in July. That wouldn't be a problem, right?

Oops.

When our annual camping trip with friends was rescheduled to the weekend before the Fourth instead of the weekend after the Fourth, I neglected to note the conflict in my calendar. I was sweating like a pig taking down my tent in a field when I was supposed to be strapping myself into silk and lace.

I have been a no-call, no-show twice for the same bridal shop.

This is so embarrassing. To the poor workers in this shop, I am either a raging Bridezilla with no appreciation for others' time, or I have approximately the IQ of a Mr. Clean sponge mop. Either way, I can't bring myself to call them again.

In fact, if we see them at the next bridal show, I may have to duck and cover. I'll hide behind Jimmy. They never look at the grooms anyway.

1 comment: