Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Why do it again?

I have been asked just why I would want to get married again, after two marriages that crashed and burned. Good question! Now let's see if I can come up with a good answer.

First, let me tell all of you that I had to think long and hard about this. I did not want to jump into another marriage without giving it some serious thought and soul searching. But the more I got to know Elizabeth and have fallen more and more in love with her, I realized that she was the one I was meant to be with my entire life.

It is such a wonderful thing, being with someone who is a geek just like you. Elizabeth loves science fiction, horror, and going to geek conventions. What more can someone ask for? A big plus is that she is also a writer and we can bounce story ideas off each other. Granted... her ideas are way better than mine, and I have no problem saying that. But it is a good feeling talking to someone that, you know, gets it!

We don't always agree on the things we like. I love the Big G, Godzilla. Elizabeth can't stand the films. Well... she likes the... GAG!... American-made Godzilla movie. You know, the one with the lizard that did NOT breathe fire and who was taken out by two stupid missiles. YUCK! She thinks the costume in the new Man Of Steel movie coming out doesn't matter. I think you shouldn't mess with tradition and stick to what the original looked like.

Well, even when you are in love you don't always have to agree on everything. But I think that is the one thing I love most about her. Even though we don't see eye-to-eye on everything, we do our best not to let it get in the way of our love for one another.

I feel like I can be myself around her, and go all geeky about something and not be made fun of or made to feel like I'm stupid about a subject that I like. Trust me, it's not a good feeling when it happens. So I know that I am with a very special person, one that is worth any risk to be with and someone that I would gladly take the walk down the aisle to marry. 

I love her. With all of my heart and soul, I love her. And I can't wait until the day we are husband and wife. It will be the best thing to happen to me since my kids were born. I thank God everyday that she is in my life.

I will be honored to do it again. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her, as her husband. My Star...

No comments:

Post a Comment