Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tears of love.

It has been a busy week for Elizabeth and me when it comes to the wedding. Thursday night we went to a really cool wedding show at the Gateway Center. A whole lot of vendors were there showing off their services.

And you know what that means. You guessed it. CAKE! But that isn't they only reason I go to these things. (Although it is a pretty good reason.) I go to these shows to support Elizabeth and to let her know that I want to be involved in this wedding as much as possible. Granted, it doesn't matter to me what color the tablecloths are, but I want to at least be able to talk to Elizabeth about it and show her that I want her to be happy with whatever color we finally decide on.

Now here was something that was funny. Some of these vendors are starting to recognize us! There were more than a couple that saw us and remembered us. I thought that was really funny that these people are that good at remembering people they met at these show. But I guess that's part of their job to do those things.

The coolest thing the two of us saw at the show was a white horse-drawn carriage. It looked so awesome, and we even got to sit in it. We fell in love with it and I know one thing, one way or the other we are going to have this for our wedding. Elizabeth deserves something like this. Plus it goes really well with the whole fairytale thing we got going on.

But the funniest thing that happened at the show was I got to try out calamari. You know, fried squid. Man! That stuff was good! I have never tried it before and I really liked it. The only thing was that Elizabeth refused to kiss me after I ate it and called me squid face. Mean!

On Friday, we went to David's Bridal so Elizabeth could try on dresses. I know some people are thinking, why do this now? The wedding is next year. That might be true, but Elizabeth is wanting to try on stuff now to get an idea of what she likes and just what the prices are for the dresses.

Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to see her in the dress before the big day. I don't think it will hurt anything for me to see her dressed up. I mean, come on, this isn't like going to Olive Garden to eat lunch. THAT is a big taboo for me. LOOOOOOONG STORY.

She tried on a very beautiful wedding dress that was white with a red inlay in the front. It looked like it was from the Renaissance era. It was very beautiful on her. She wanted the color of the dress to be ivory with a blue inlay. My God...that would be so wonderful on her.

She tried on a few more dresses and each one made her look so beautiful and lovely. With each dress, I cried tears of love and happiness seeing her in those lovely dresses. Crying now just thinking about it.

But something was missing to make it look even better. I went and found the display of tiaras and picked one out and brought it over to where she was trying on the dresses. After she put it on, she looked like a beautiful queen out of a story book. I took several pictures of her in the dresses and the tiara. I put them up on Facebook and the comments rolled in. Everyone agreed that Elizabeth looked lovely in the tiara.

So now it is a done deal. She has to wear one for the wedding now. COOL! I get to marry my queen on the wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment