Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Time for Everything


I went to a bridal show. That’s right. I went to a bridal show and it was my idea to go to this one. When Elizabeth went to get her hair cut last month, they had flyers for Metro East Bridal Ball. I showed them to her and said she should check this one out. 

I then also said I should go with her. This got me a weird look but I told her I was telling the truth that I wanted to go. I heard from Elizabeth how much fun she had going to the first two she went to so I decided that it was time for me as the groom to show my support and go to one with her. After all…this marriage involves the both of us, so I need to do this sort of thing with her. 

So this was my first time going to a bridal show. It was a VERY small show. I was expecting something along the lines of one of the conventions I have gone to when it came to the size of the room. But it only took a few minutes to walk around the room and see pretty much everything that was there to see. Elizabeth told me that the other shows she went to were much larger and had all types of food tasting, cake tasting, and other fun things to do. This show had two caterers and one baker displaying their food. A little bit of a let down, and made me feel like I missed some fun she had at the other shows. 

The baker there had really cool cakes on display and I got to ask the question that I’ve been wanting to ask. "Can you do Godzilla?" The baker looked at me and said with a straight face, "Yep. We have done other dinosaurs so we can do Godzilla." A 3D cake of my hero! Wow, that would be cool. Asked them how much it would cost…they said they couldn’t tell me. It would depend on the design. Ouch. Can’t tell me a price off the top of their heads, best to stay away. 

We both sat down and watched the fashion show showing off the wedding gowns of a local dealer. Most of them made me think, "Crap! Women wear those things to get married in?" But I saw a couple that made think how beautiful Elizabeth would look in them. 

So how was it being the one of only two grooms (the other guy was sitting in front of me) at the show? Not bad at all. I had fun looking at the different stuff with my future wife and tasting the food that was there. (Wish there had been more to try out, but oh well.)  I enjoyed the show. I hope I get the chance to go to another one with her. As a couple, I think it’s important to do things like this together. Besides… free cake. YUM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment